How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 846
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am a Singaporean wife of a British citizen. We have been

Customer Question

I am a Singaporean wife of a British citizen. We have been married over 30 years and in that time, lived in Singapore and Malaysia. We live together. We have a daughter who is a British citizen settled in UK for 20 years.
Should I apply for 'Indefinite Right to Remain' using my non-UK resident husband or should I apply as a dependent parent?
Thanks !
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 9 months ago.

You would need to apply for a spouse visa and your British husband will need to meet the financial requirement and be present and settled in the UK or if not present in the UK he has to have a job offer in the UK and earnings abroad equivalent to £18,600.