How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I arrived in the uk under an ancestral visa with two

Customer Question

I arrived in the uk under an ancestral visa with two children who were dependants. Five years later we renewed our visas. Now we are wanting to apply for our ILR.
1. Do we apply together? On separate forms.
2. As the children(now adults) are as they need to still be residing with me? Both are working and have been for the past 5 years. One is not living at home.
3. Do I pay for all three of us? From my account for the same day service?
4. As I am the main applicant. Does it matter that I have been unemployed for the past 3 years? As I had a hysterectomy and had complications. I live with my partner who earns approx £25k per there a minimum he needs to earn? The rental and living expenses are split between my partner(British), daughter, and Mother(a British citizen) from her British state pension. I am intending to go to university in September. I have a letter from my Doctor explaining my issues. I worked for 4 and a half years prior to my hysterectomy. The fact that I am that going to work against me?
5. If I apply separately how will this effect my children's application? My daughter applied for her ILR and it was declined as I had to have my ILR first as she was a dependant on my ancestral visa.
6. We are hoping to do the same day service. Do I pay the dependant rate for them, or the separate application fee?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 8 months ago.


You need to seek legal advice offline. JustAnswer prohibits giving legal advice.