How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 765
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I have a question regarding an application for a change of

Customer Question

hi i have a question regarding an application for a change of name on a permanent leave to remain visa
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am asking on behalf of a friend
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Oleksandr-Mod replied 8 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 8 months ago.


What is your specific concern?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My friend is Thai and has a permanent leave to remain in uk. It is a paper version in her previous passport.She has been divorced now and, because the Thai government has issued her with a new passport with her maiden name, her paper version PLTR visa is in her married name.We have filled out the HO form with the relevant £237 fee and sent of for a biometric visa.The concern is: we have just received a letter from HO notifying us of receipt and informing us that they are 'considering' her application and it may take up to 6 months.Is the letter a standard issue or should she be concerned about this be of concernRegardsPete
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 8 months ago.


This is just a standard letter. There is nothing to worry about receiving this letter.