How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I am a UK citizen based in Germany as an airline pilot. My

This answer was rated:

I am a UK citizen based in Germany as an airline pilot. My partner & fiancé-to-be is expecting our child & I would very much like to have our baby born in the UK. She currently has legal German residency, however she holds a Syrian passport, despite not having lived there since she was very young. What can I do (or fill / apply) to have her move to the UK with me.


When is she eligible for German nationality?

Does her residency allow her to travel to the UK?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She is elegible for full German residency (including any Schengen nations for work or residency) as of October 1st 2017. I appreciate your time in responding. We are unaware of whether this allows her free movement to the UK. I have done some reading & am aware of the "family or settled person visa" as seen on I currently qualify for the salary scales mentioned on that website, & kindly as you as a legal professional whether you believe this is the best place to start.


Her German residency card would not allow her to travel to the UK without a visa.

Any child of yours born abroad will still be a British national as you are a UK national.

If you wish for your partner to be permitted to travel to the UK, if you have been exercising treaty rights in a third party member state for 12 months, she would be eligible to apply for an EEA Family Permit.

The alternative is to apply for an harried partner visa under the UK immigration rules. For this you would need to meet the income requirement of £18,600.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

chatham-chamber and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you