How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 889
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Morning,, my husband is British. We came over to Germany in

Customer Question

Morning,I'm South African, my husband is British. We came over to Germany in Dec. 2015 as I had a permanent job offer this side. We arrived and my husband and daughter stayed with me in the country until July 2016. My husband and daughter went back to the UK as my husband was offered work and I stayed behind in Germany and worked. I've been offered a position in the UK by my employer and now I want to return to the UK. Can I claim based on this? Surinder Singh
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 months ago.


Thank you for your enquiry.

You can only apply the Surinder Singh principle if your husband exercised his treaty rights in Germany for example if he was working in Germany and has all the paperwork to prove this. If he hasn't you should apply for a spousal visa.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi,He didn't work this side, I was the only one that did - he would then be classed as self sufficient?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 months ago.

Unless he had comprehensive private health insurance, he would not be recognised as a self-sufficient person.