How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 765
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I need help I am married to a British and I have a visa

This answer was rated:

Good morning. I need help I am married to a British and I have a visa leave to remain in U.K. for an indefinite period and I have been working here for last 17 years. My visa is in my old passport and for the last two years I have been doing temp work, when I have signed up to agencies I have had two passports. I have been doing temp work at a company which has now taken me on permanently but now they say they cannot because my visa is in an expired passport but when I have been in touch withe home office I am told I do not have to transfer my visa as long as I have both passports. They have told me to get this sorted but I feel that I have not had any problems before so why do I have to get it transfered
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need a answer soon as the company has contacted me to find out what is happening as they need me asap

You need to apply to transfer your visa to a Biometrics card for work. It is ok to travel with 2 passports. But for work you need to make a NTL application

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you