How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 766
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I have a EEA family permit, a 5 years UK residence visa,

This answer was rated:

Hi there,
I have a EEA family permit, a 5 years UK residence visa, which expires in 25/10/2017, because my husband has Italian citizenship. But my husband was over a year out of the country, I was not. The immigration knows that, because when I was traveling back to UK they asked me and I said the truth. They let me in back in the UK and didn't revoked my visa, knowing that my husband was still out of the country for more than a year, my husband is back now. Am I gonna be able to apply for the permanent residency or UK Definite leave to remain as he was out of the country for a while in this 5 years?

Unfortunately as your husband was away from the UK and therefore not exercising treaty rights you would not be eligible for PR

Please can you rate? I don't get paid for helping you if you forget to rate

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you