How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 843
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Can my spouse, who is an EEA citizen, apply for a family of

This answer was rated:

Can my spouse, who is an EEA citizen, apply for a family of a settled persons visa?I am a UK citizen and we are married. We lived together in the UK for a period of 2 and a half years before moving to live in Europe. Because of this gap while we both lived outside of the UK, when it comes to Brexit even if we moved back to the UK now they would not have enough time before March 2019 of continuous residence in the UK.

Anybody who is married to a UK citizen can apply for a family of a settled person visa but the UK national most be settled in the UK and meet the financial requirement.

Brexit negotiations are still nacent so it is difficult to consider EEA options if you are not settled in the UK at present.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. What would constitute settled in the UK for the UK national?

Livng and working in the UK

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok awesome - thank you for your help :) :)