frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I HAVE A GAY SAUDI FRIEND CURRENTLY IN THE CITY OF

I HAVE A GAY SAUDI FRIEND CURRENTLY IN THE CITY OF BURADIDHA. He fears for his life as his brother has found where he ran away to, and is trying to kill him for being gay. What can he do? Where can he go? He is ready to fly anywhere to get away from his country.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in the US. But he is planning o flying to the UK, but wants to be sure that he isn't treated like a criminal, and is seeking asylum status based on the fact that he is gay and fears for his life.
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, because the police arent' going to help him because he is gay, and that is illegal in SA.
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: HHe needs top know what to do when he gets to the UK. He absolutely does not want to be sent back to SA.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He has a French Visa. Can he travel to the UK with this?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is an urgent situation. He is staying in a hotel so that his brother can't find him. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello? My friend needs immediate help. He is planning on flying to U.K. ASAP.

If he has a French visa why isn't he going to France and claiming asylum. Why does he have to come to the UK?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
His family has many Arab friends in France and he is afraid that his brother will find him. He's in a crisis situation.

Although he may have many Arab friends in France there are other cities in France he can stay safe in and going to France is a safer place than staying where he is now. If his brother can find him in France, how can you be sure his brother wouldn't find him in the UK? I am not convinced why he should target the UK when he has a visa to France and he has the opportunity to go to a safe country i.e France.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He feels he will be safer and have more opportunities in the U.K. Advice on my questions above please? He is desperate and fears for his life.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He just told me - the only reason he has a French Visa was to go to a football game.

OK. Y​our friend cannot travel to the UK with a French visa.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. So he will have no visa, now will you please answer the rest of my questions. He will apply for asylum upon arrival. What does he need to know?

On his arrival he needs to ask to apply for asylum for fear of his life

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He understands that. And what can he expect from there?

H​e can expect to be treated fairly and provided a safe area for him if he is in fear of his life.

Please can you rate? I don't get paid for helping you if you forget to rate

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will, but another question? I'm sure he'll be asked to prove that he's gay. What does that entail. He is, but he's nervous about that.

If he is gay and he is in fear of his life he should say so.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He is and will. But no intense grilling or anything?

He will be interviewed to make sure he is in fear of his life because he is gay as he claims. Which is better for him to continue to live in fear of his life in the city of Buradidha or go through intense grilling in the UK or wherever he claims asylum.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I hear ya. And he knows that. Thx.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
he took a bus to Bahrain (closest airport) and they wouldn't even let him buy the ticket for the flight. What should he do now? He found a site at Gov.uk for an electronic visa waiver. Should he do that? Please help ASAP. And thx!

Buy a flight to where?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
To the U.K. He was told he has to apply for a visa and wait a week.

But he has a french visa? a french visa cannot be used to travel to the UK. He can travel to france.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You told me he couple just buy a ticket to U.K. Without Visa and then appt for asylum when he gets there. The airport in Bahrain wouldn't let him buy a ticket without a Visa. What's your best advice now?

I am sorry I said no such thing.