How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I need to give a spouse visa to my husband in Armenia. I am

Customer Question

Hi! my name is***** need to give a spouse visa to my husband in Armenia. I am earning 19000 a year but as I have 3 children i am still claiming housing benefit and tax credit . Also I am living in 2 bedroom house. Will the housing benefit and the child tax credit stop me to apply for spouse visa?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Harris replied 8 months ago.

Hi Karine, welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question.

To bring your spouse to live in the UK, you need to be earning a certain amount ('meeting the financial requirement', or have enough savings. This will show that you receive enough money to look after your dependant/s. Thank you for providing the information, as the amount depends on who you're applying for.

For your spouse and one child, you need to earn £22,400 per year before tax. After this, you will need to earn £2,400 per additional child.

You won't need to meet the financial requirement if you have one or more of the following benefits:

  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
  • Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme
  • bereavement benefits

Furthermore, as your spouse is from outside the EEA, there is a charge of £200 per year for healthcare in the UK, as part of their visa application (the NHS healthcare surcharge).

For more information please refer to:

I hope this answers your question. If it does, I would be grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click a rating for my service to you today.

Thank you.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 8 months ago.


I am not sure why i have received this but can you confirm your nationality and that of your children.

Expert:  Harris replied 8 months ago.

Hi Karine. Thanks for reading my response.

Do you have any further questions?

If not, I hope I have answered your question. I'd be very grateful if you would also kindly take a moment to click a rating for my service to you.

Thank you.