How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 888
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am a German citizen living in the U.K. for 18 years. My

This answer was rated:

I am a German citizen living in the U.K. for 18 years. My late wife was a British citizen and passed away in 2006. what rights do i have to live here with all that Brexit stuff going on.
Thank you.

If you have lived here for this long have you considered applying for British citizenship?

Please can you rate? I don't get paid for helping you if you forget to rate

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I thought there was another option, like a residence permit.

Yes you can apply for a document certifying permanent residence and after that you may wish to apply for British citizenship.

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you