How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I need some help bringing my boyfriend to the uk. Im a

Customer Question

Hi,I need some help bringing my boyfriend to the uk.
Im a British citizen and he’s afghan. He’s currently living in France in the jungle.
I am 17 weeks pregnant and really want him to come and be here for me and his baby. Please can you help
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Harris replied 8 months ago.


Thanks for your question.

It is worth trying to apply for a defacto/unmarried partner visa. Please complete the following form to check your eligiblity

Criteria includes things such as English language, suitable accommodation and sufficient funds.

Otherwise, you may alternatively want to apply for a visitor visa.

1. Reason for visa “Visit”

2. Visa type “Tourism”

3. Visa sub type“ Visit - tourism - 6 months”

It may be beneficial to include a letter in your application which explains that your relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend is genuine, including the fact that you are 17 weeks pregnant. Also include details such as how often you communicate, how you met, etc.

Expert:  Harris replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Thanks for reading my response.

Do you have any further questions?

If not, I hope I have answered your question. I'd be very grateful if you would also kindly take a moment to click a rating for my service to you.

Thank you.