How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 888
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My husband came in the UK as a child at the age of 14 years

This answer was rated:

Hi my husband came in the UK as a child at the age of 14 years old he got refused but when he got his status he receive discretionary leave as his aunty was his guardian when he turned 18 his aunty told the Home office he was not in the UK when I met him he was 19 We apply in 2009 and in 2010 he was granted discretionary leave to remain for 3 years
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am located in Mauritius and he is in LOndon
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes he got his discretionary leave until January 2018 My question is for more than 6 years he was on discretionary leave and his visa is about to expired January 2018 Can he apply for settle as he was not allow to sponsor me as his dependant when I was in the UK
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: i wanted to know if my husband can apply for his settle as he has completed his 6 years on discretionary leave
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I wanted to know if he can do premium service to apply for his Settlement in the UK as his leave going to be expired January 2018.
Also what form he must use to apply for settlement after completing 6 years discretionary leave.I am also planning to joint him back in the UK as I been refused in the UK as his dependant and the main reason was he is not a person settle in the UK.I have lived in the UK for 12 years continuously and married in the UK with the approval of the Home Office.My husband is an Indian National who was granted twice discretionary leave to remain and I am in Mauritius right now to my home country.


Your husband can use the premium service to apply for indefinite leave to remain. If your husband got his initial DL by making an asylum application which failed then the for to use is FLR (DL). Otherwise the form to use is SET(O).

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Frantz,He was granted his discretionary leave from the Home Office and at the bottom of the page it states ASL 2155.He was failed as a refugee back in 2005 when he was arrested during a home office as he was a minor he was taken into custody of his guardian which was his aunty. And they did gave him discretionary leave back in 2006 as he was a minor.When we apply back in 2010 asking a review by using FLR (O) we have given evidence that he was present in the UK and was in a vulnerable situation.
His status was granted in 2011.We have used FLR (DL) for the past 2 times that he has renewed.

FLR (DL) is used for further leave to remain or settlement in the UK. Thank you for rating. Would you be kind you hit the favourite button?