frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Dear Just Answer, I am an EU citizen living in London since

Dear Just Answer,I am an EU citizen living in London since Feb 2011. I have received a Simple Caution for Battery on November 2012.I have always worked in UK from the first day, and I am now applying for the EEA PR.I would like to know if the Simple Caution can negatively effect my EEA PR application, considering that I have declared it on the form and there is no other criminal proceeding on my side apart from that on all my life.Many thanks

A decision to refuse an application for permanent residence is unlikely to be made against you except on serious grounds of public policy and public security. Your previous criminal convictions of a simple caution do not in themselves justify a refusal decision.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Many thanks for your help. So you say its very unlikely to happen. I am reading different articles of people removed from the country because of their criminal past. Do you see to be possible that the home office considering my EEA PR application could decide to deport me from the United Kingdom?

Yes the Home Office have attempted to deport EU national and family members with criminal convictions but there is usually the opportunity to appeal.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** you think this can happen to me? Is a simple caution enough for the home office to trigger deportation?

It shouldn't be

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** exactly what I am trying to understand in those days: how is it possible that its unlikely my EEA PR got refused because of a Simple Caution, but in the same time I could be deported? I would expect that since the EEA PR should be fine as a Simple Caution does not represent alone a reason to refuse the request, it should be quite impossible for them to deport me. What would your opinion be about it? In this moment I am in a situation where I could receive an EEA PR or get deported, its a kind of too much uncertainty.

I agree with you. A simple caution shouldn't one it own entitle the Home Office to deport. If they attempt to you have an option to challenge it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** last point: have you ever had or heard of deportation or EEA PR refused for a single Simple Caution?

Each case is different

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you.