frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.

I have previously asked you questions regarding marrying in

Customer Question

I have previously asked you questions regarding marrying in London (OrderID: 17970549-360). I have a follow up question regarding how long it will take to apply for the marriage visa. Can you please advise?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also, I understand that I need to give a notice of intention. I was told that before giving notice, we must both have established a residence at an address in England or Wales for at least 7 consecutive days immediately prior to giving notice. Is that true? If I am living in Hong Kong, how am I suppose to do that?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 4 months ago.

That is correct. You must give 28 days notice of intention to marry and you can only give this notice if you have been in the registration district for at least the past 7 days. What it means is that when you arrive to the UK, you will need to wait 7 days before you can give your 28 days notice.