How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 901
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I have previously asked you questions regarding marrying in

Customer Question

I have previously asked you questions regarding marrying in London (OrderID: 17970549-360). I have a follow up question regarding how long it will take to apply for the marriage visa. Can you please advise?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also, I understand that I need to give a notice of intention. I was told that before giving notice, we must both have established a residence at an address in England or Wales for at least 7 consecutive days immediately prior to giving notice. Is that true? If I am living in Hong Kong, how am I suppose to do that?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 9 months ago.


That is correct. You must give 28 days notice of intention to marry and you can only give this notice if you have been in the registration district for at least the past 7 days. What it means is that when you arrive to the UK, you will need to wait 7 days before you can give your 28 days notice.