frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My husband came to the uk in 2010. He was granted his ILR

My husband came to the uk in 2010. He was granted his ILR I’m march 2013. His son joined us here in the uk in February 2016 also on a settlement visa ILE. We now want to apply for my husbands citizenship. Can we apply for his sons citizenship at the same time. Or do we have to wait until my husband get his citizenship first

Unfortunately his son will not be eligible for citizenship until he has been resident in the UK for 5 years.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok so his son passport and ILE visa runs out in 2019. Do I have to renew his passport/visa then or can I wait until 2021 and just apply for his citizenship

ILE does not run out, it is Indefinite Leave to Enter. When his passport runs out, he will need to apply to transfer his ILE to a biometric document using the No Time Limit (NTL) form