How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 901
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My husband came to the uk in 2010. He was granted his ILR

This answer was rated:

My husband came to the uk in 2010. He was granted his ILR I’m march 2013. His son joined us here in the uk in February 2016 also on a settlement visa ILE. We now want to apply for my husbands citizenship. Can we apply for his sons citizenship at the same time. Or do we have to wait until my husband get his citizenship first


Unfortunately his son will not be eligible for citizenship until he has been resident in the UK for 5 years.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok so his son passport and ILE visa runs out in 2019. Do I have to renew his passport/visa then or can I wait until 2021 and just apply for his citizenship

ILE does not run out, it is Indefinite Leave to Enter. When his passport runs out, he will need to apply to transfer his ILE to a biometric document using the No Time Limit (NTL) form

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you