How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 899
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

How many months of bank statements do we need to submit for

This answer was rated:

how many months of bank statements do we need to submit for an extended EEA family member family visa application to be valid?, and is there an specific amount ?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
To clarify my husband is EEA, I am not and neither is my father, my father is receiving monetary family support from my husband monthly for the last 3 months is that enough time to apply for and EEA extended family member visa for my father to come and live in the uk? does it matter what my father's expenses are and what % of that is cover by what my husband sends him?


There isnt a specific amount but I would expect at least 12 months bank statements. Expenses should go towards care and support of your father's day to day living. Again there isnt a specific period but family support should be for a reasonable period (in my view should be between 6 - 12 months at least)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok and does it have to come straight from my husbands account or could we count a previous period of time where I was the one making the transfers, with my husband providing half of that amount into my bank account?

The support should come from your husband or a joint account. If it comes from your account but your husband makes payment on your account, you would need to provide all statements showing the trace from your husband's account to yours and yours to your father.

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello, it's me again, I have some follow up questions...
if the extended family permit is granted..( valid for 6 months correct?) will my father be able to work in the uk during those 6 months if not when will he be able?
If he looks to renew this permit after the 6 months what conditions will he need to meet? live with us, financially still depend on us?
thanks in advance

Yes your father will be able to work as soon as he arrives. After arrival you father can apply for a Residence card with the same reasons qiven for the original EEA family permit. To fulfil the dependancy requirements your father should live in your household

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
great thanks for your help

please rate

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did that days ago