How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

You can,. i found your website by chance on a google search

Customer Question

you can,. i found your website by chance on a google search and need some up to date advice, on immigration for my ukranian girlfriend who I have known for a year and visit regularly every mont,
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: sorry UK
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet, Ksenia has applied for a tourist visa, (early stages) as she wants to visit UK, she has a job etc. but I cant help thinking this may be a bad step and she is best to apply for fiancee visa, i know they have this in US, but it seems in UK longterm plan is more for extended permission to say, lots of conflicting advice etc, we decided to stop and get some advice
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: Probably enough there OK, i might do this later, can I hold the link and complete when less busy ? It sounds OK though
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you actually wish to get married whilst she is here?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Clare
My ideal scenario is for her to just visit the uk for a few weeks then go back then maybe a small trip to Wales
I will propose soon and i might suggest we Marry somewhere like Barbados and then she would come here to live with me
This is an ideal scenario and i appreciate i may needto change our pkan dependinf on visa advice
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

In that case she does need a visitors visa.

You should not apply for a Fiancee visa unless she is actually coming here to marry you

I hope that this is of assistance and that all goes well for you both

Please ask if you need further details