How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My wife and I are separated. She is a Portuguese citizen. I

This answer was rated:

Hi There
My wife and I are separated. She is a Portuguese citizen. I got an EEA family permit, which got converted to a residence card. I have since left the UK but would like to return. Can I apply for an extension to my residence card?


You can but you would need the support of your estranged wife.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Written support or financial support?

Evidence that she is exercising treaty e.g employment letter, bank statements, payslips, evidence of her being an EEA citizen etc.

Please rate
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you