How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 907
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am about renew my wifes visa which expires on 12 dec 2017.

This answer was rated:

hi there i am about renew my wifes visa which expires on 12 dec 2017.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: this was for 2.5 years i need to renew whart form do i use:
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i am in london
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, i am self employed and all y income gets paid into my wifes account whcih is the applicant. i am the sponsor
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i need to know what is the correct form as my wife and i need to know what do i send as proof of my self employment which is acceptable.My income gets paid into wifes bank account

The form to use is FLR (M)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank youi am self employed and therefore have no payslips
what do is send with the application to prove as the sponsor

For the second part of the visa your wifes income can be considered. If you are self employed, evidence of your last years tax return and confirmation from your acountant and bank statements will be required

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
my income gets paid into my wifes account not mine .
last years tax return was 0

How was you able to apply for the first visa and meet the financial req if your tax return was zero?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
they declined initially because of that
we appealed and won
we have two children under 18 (9yr old girl and 8 year old boy) both were born in london and both have british passports
maybe we should apply on that basis?
is thatnthe same form?

This is vital information which you didnt mention before. You should apply on the same basis.The form will depend on the basis of what grounds your appleal was granted. On what basis was your wife granted a visa.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ok it seems leave was granted based on Ex1 so the form is FLR (fp)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ex1 is under the exception. Yes you should apply on the same basis if you or your wife do not meet all the requirments. Form to use if you do not meet all the reqirement is FLR (FP).

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

again look at what the tribunal decision says to guide you. please avoid using capital letters if you will thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the decision says to follow the partner 10 year route
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the partner form is flr(M)
and you are saying flr(fp)

The section you provided clearly confirms your application was granted under the exception which mean FLR fp. So to answer your previous question you should apply as a partner.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
with regards ***** ***** income as self employed that gets paid into her bank account , don’t send a letter signed by self explaining this ?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What do I need to do to explain my self employed income for this year which gets paid direct into her account ?
So Should I send a covering letter ?

Do you have an accountant or a book keeper for yourself employment? You should do exactly as you did in the first application but make sure you include the decision of the tribunal. Does your wife work? How much does she earn.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She bakes cakes occasionally and makes like £200 pcm

So she is also self employed? What about your selfemployment?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
she is self employed only as of recent .She is a house mum who bakes occasionally

So as both of you do not meet the financial requirements you must use FLR fp. Unless you have anymore questions please rate

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I earn about £3000 per month and that gets paid into her bank account every month for the last 6 months

How can you both earn £3000 and pay no tax?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I earn £3000 per month (I invoice at the end of every month )
I have not done my tax’s which are due in April 2018

I was referring to your last tax year.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Last tax year I made 0
I was having treatment for bladder cancer

OK based on your last tax returns you would not meet the financial requirement so form is FLR fp.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank you

please rate

frantzgregory and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you