How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I hope so....Ref: Refused Settlement Visa application

This answer was rated:

I hope so....Ref: Refused Settlement Visa application GWF045676143
The mistake I made was putting down that we had both been married or in a civil relationship in question 1.21 to 2.10 of VAF4A- Appendix 2 in our application which was wrong as neither of us have been married or had a civil partnership prior to our marriage this year What I put down in question: 1.20 to 2.10 of VAF4A- Appendix 2 was our previous boy/girlfriends which we had in the past that we were not married or in a civil partnership with just boy/girlfriends.
We married on 14th June 2017 and was the first marriage for both of us.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes that why refused visa
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: What can I do?
Please state precisely what the reasons for the refusal was
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Eligibility Relationship Requirement
You do not meet the eligibility relationship requirement of paragraphs E-ECP 2.1. to 2.10 because you have not produced evidence to show that you and your sponsor were legally free to marry each other on 29/08/17 because you have no submitted your divorce certificate with your application. I note that you have stated in Appendix 2 of your VAF that you and your wife are divorced, a statement on your behalf is not sufficient evidence.

O​K. You should be able to submit a fresh application. You will not be refunded for the previous application.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But as uk visa centre have us as being married or in civil relationship, when we are not. What do we say in new visa ?

Y​ou will need to write a letter stating that you made an error and that you are not married. You may have to ask a solicitor to prepare an affidavit to conform you are not married.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you but I am not sure uk visa department will accept that as they think we were previously married after sending the wrong information in our visa application form
Sorry your response is very strange. If you have made a genuine mistake and it is a fact that you were never married, swearing an affidavit it what needs to be done.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry I did ask if that was the right thing to do with another lawyer but they thought uk visa would not be satisfied with this
what was his/her solution to satisfying the home office. So one makes a mistake and therefore has to live with it for the rest of their life - that is so ridiculous
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He said write letter to visa office and explain, however there is no address Available to write to visa centre
I am confused I suggested writing a letter and doing an affidavit but you said a lawyer said home office wouldnt accept this but you are now saying the lawyer suggested writing a letter?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry again, what I mean is the other lawyer said write a letter to uk visa centre explaining your mistake. but I could not find address for visa centre as withheld so I think other lawyer wrong
OK. Your letter or affidavit should be included in a fresh application.