frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My wife was on tier 2 work permit visa and I was her

My wife was on tier 2 work permit visa and I was her dependant . When she first applied for her visa back in 2012 , she sent my application from as soon as she got her visa but my visa came with a long delay after nearly 8 months . This means when she became eligible after 5years , I still have few months to become eligible .
However we applied as a family in July for ILR , my wife and my son got their ILR but mine got rejected because I wasn’t eligible as I still have few months lefts to 5 years . The immigration officer gave my biometric card back as I still have valid visa until July 2018 . We were told that I can remain on my current visa and reapply for my ILR when my 5 years full in February 2018 .
But I hear different stories that I had to change my visa when my wife changed hers and the 5 years will be restart . This is not what we have been told by immigration officers at he Home office and I am getting about confuse.
What you were told by the immigration officer is correct. You must complete 5 years under a dependent tier 2 before you become eligible for ILR
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your help.
It doesn’t mater first time I rejected ?
Can I after completed my time and apply again?
It doesnt matter you were rejected first time. Yes you can apply after meeting 5 years requirement