frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I have been living in the UK for over 20 years and I am

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I have been living in the UK for over 20 years and I am applying for my indefinite leave to remain. However I had overstayed my visa between April 2011 and January 2012. Before then and since then I have been on limited leave to remain visas. Will my overstay hinder my application?
Casey
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 4 months ago.

Can you be more specific on the visas you have had up till now?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am an American citizen and i lived here since I was 7 so came over on my parents government orders. I have always had limited leave to remain visas under the status of forces agreement. I do not know much more as to the names of the visa. They all are 5 years and no recourse to public funds and my most current states that I am on a NATO contract and only 2 years as that's as long my orders were.
Casey

Why did you overstay your visa

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No good legal reason. I moved out of my moms house. She had my passport. Didnt even look at it till November when I was going to the US for my brothers graduation. But I have from from July 97 to April 11 legal residence.
Casey

OK. Obviously the Home Office will have to take into account this overstaying period but the fact that you have remained in the UK for over 20 years will carry more weight with regards ***** ***** private and family life. So I would not expect your ILR to be affected by it all.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so much for your assistance!
Casey Massa

Thank you for posting your question on JustAnswer. If you have any follow up questions, I'm here to help and happy to respond. If you feel I've given you 5 star service, please rate me 5 stars at the top of the page