frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I have been working in nhs from 2013 Feb but on post study

Hi. I have been working in nhs from 2013 Feb but on post study work visa first and only held tier 2 visa from April 2014. Do I hold any chance of applying for settlement this year feb?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am from India and working in NHS with a pay, eligible to apply for ILR. I have migrated to UK for Masters and I completed that from 2010-2011 . I started working in NHS from Feb 2013 whilst on post-study work visa. Later, after the visa expired, I have changed it to Tier 2 not knowing settlement rules at that time unfortunately. My work would have easily given my tier 2 visa from the very start in Feb 2013 and I have all my pay slips from first month onwards.I wonder if I am eligible to apply based on the fact that I held a job that could have given me tier 2 visa but I haven’t taken it before it expired, out of sheer ignorance of rules and regulations.Thank you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tier 2 visa was taken after tier 1 PSW visa expired in Apr 2014

So are you saying you overstayed your visa? What visa do you have now? How long have you had your current visa

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh no. I have extended or applied for tier 2 visas on time and always abided by law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am working from 2013 February on either tier 1 post study work visa or tier 2 visa . All my visas have been extended in a timely fashion and I am going to finish 5 years of work in nhs in Feb 2018. I wonder if I will be able to apply for ILR in Feb with virtue of my NHS jobs of 5 years? Or because I was on Tier 1 post study visa between Feb 2013- April 2014 and started using tier 2 general visas from April 2014 (all visas I have held have been extended in a timely fashion) and I am presently holding a valid visa till August 2018 (which is extendable based on where I would like to work next). I wont be able to apply for ILR before April 2019?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please let me know

yes you can combine a PSW visa with a Tier 2 visa to apply for settlement.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But I have seen requirements which states Tier 1 except PSW visa as a requirement.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that it won’t be considered. Only Tier 2 will be considered

Sorry I mis-typed my original answer to you. I meant to say you "can't" combine a PSW visa with a Tier 2 visa to apply for settlement.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your advice.