How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 911
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by

This answer was rated:

Hello sir my name is joy
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: And I have my visa is settlement joint parent(s) indifinte leave to enter the uk but had expired in it wht shouk I do
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had been contacted the british immugration saying that I just need to detached my old and passport with visa in it with my new passport
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello sir, I been waiting for my answer.any answer yet thank you
Joy x

Dear Joy

You need to apply for a No Time Limit Transfer of your ILE to a biometric card. You will find the NTL forms on the website.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Even though that my visa is settlement to joint parent(s)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My old passport with sticker visa with Attach to my new passport. I been using the same passport with my old passpory to travel back home every holiday vacation but no complecation in immigration borders. I made a call from a british imbassy all have to do just to attach stapler my old and new passport together thats it. What I wanted to know badly now if I'am eligible to apply as british passport I been living in the uk for 16 years for the same VISA.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What should I apply first accordingly to my VISA.
-resident card
-british passpor

The NTL application is a Biometric residence card with indefinite leave endorsed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It say to the information I send need to apply NTL/ILE but I need to transfer my visa from old passport to my new passportm

It does not say "no need to apply for NTL" You are not applying for ILE you are applying to transfer ILE. The information you provided is out of date. ILE is no longer transferred into a new passport it is transferred into a biometric card.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
am I eligible to apply to a british passport and take exam a life in the uk insted of biometeic card. Or I just need to apply an a biometric card ASAP

How long have you lived in the UK with ILE

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
15 years

So have you had ILE for 15 years?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

You can apply for naturalisation first before applying for a British passport

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My old passport with the visa in it and attach to my new passport. Everytime I travel to my province stay for a month and come back agan to the uk with my current passpory and old passort.everytime I have to renew passport and the new passport I make sure I put them attached each other for incase if I want to take a vacayion again

you can apply for naturalisation first before applying for a British passport

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How to apply for naturalisation before I can apply for british passport

The form is AN form.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do I have to worry I about anything regarding to my VISA.

I dont know you tell me if something is worrying you about your visa and I will tell whether it should.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I havent got any clue and why I should worry to much I just wanted to make sure that there's no other problem apart from my visa's issue. What is AN stand for?
Thank you very much sir frantzgregoryyour very helpful answering all my questions.

AN- Application for Naturalisation as a British Citizen

I am happy to answer any further questions if you have any if not please would you give me a 5 star rating?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I dont think there is more questions to ask.
I have all my questions answer. I would like to give you 5 star rating from me. Thanks again sirCustomer

You will see a rating button on your screen to select the rating you wish to give.

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A 10£ tip for.ypu sir. Thank you again!

Very grateful indeed Thank you.