How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 899
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am a Romanian citizen living in the UK -Scotland for over

Customer Question

Hi.My name is ***** ***** I am a Romanian citizen living in the UK -Scotland for over five years. I'm working full time job, I have a rented house but I don't have permanent residence or British citizenship. I want to get married in the UK, same sex couple.My partner is from Serbia and we want to live in the UK. We have a genuine relationship but is less than two years. We meet and visit each other and he's been granted a standard visitor visa and he was in the UK with me for a week. I would like to know what visa need to apply to come and get married. EEA family permit, fiance visa or civil partner visa? W don't know exactly what visa we need. We can proof our relationship with photos, text messagess and friends latters. Thank you. Regards Adrian
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My partner name is***** B. 09.08.1979 and my name is***** 26.06.1979 If my partner has been granted a visitor standard visa, can come for how many times wants in the UK until visa expires (expires in July)? He can apply for another visa before the standard visitor visa expire?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 5 months ago.

Dear Adrian

Thank you for your enquiry. I am happy to assist you in getting answers to your question. As you are an EEA national exercising treaty rights because you are working, your partner is able to apply for a family permit under EEA law. This will allow your partner to remain permanently with you in the UK. But the Home Office would generally expect that your relationship is at least 2 years old unless you are married to your partner. It will be easier for both of you to get married outside the UK and then easier for your partner to apply under EEA law as your civil partner rather than rely on 2 years relationship. Your partner was granted a visitors visa under British immigration rules but my suggestion here is to apply under EEA laws. You dont need to have permanent residency to allow your partner to join you in the UK under EEA law.

I hope this answers your question if not please feel free to ask for clarification.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 4 months ago.

I would be grateful if you can rate, please. You paid to receive support but I would not get paid if you do not rate.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 4 months ago.

If you have any follow up questions, I am here to help and happy to respond. If you feel I have given you a 5-star service, please rate me 5 -star at the top of the page. Very much appreciated and I wish you every success in your visa application. Thank you.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 4 months ago.

Please, I am still waiting to be rated. Thank you.