How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 907
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I have been living in the UK and 2.5 years ago I was granted

Customer Question

I have been living in the UK and 2.5 years ago I was granted leave to remain in the UK along with my family under the humanitarian rights (i think) article 8 and we have to extend our visa very 2.5 years for 10 years before applying for indefinite. As my case was separate from my family as I am no longer a dependant can i apply for indefinite this year or would i have to wait out the 10 year period before applying?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 5 months ago.


You will continue to fall under the 10 year rule before you can apply for ILR.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 5 months ago.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask if not please give me a 5 star rating.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 5 months ago.

I would be grateful if you can rate, please. You paid to receive support but I would not get paid if you do not rate.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 4 months ago.

Please, I am still waiting to be rated. Thank you.