How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35575
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Clare.You have helped with questions before. I am hoping to

This answer was rated:

Hello Clare.You have helped with questions before. I am hoping to bring my non EU spouse back to UK to live and work in September October time.I am UK citizen.She should have passed English test by then. Her English is good.We would have seen each other for 10 months by then. Numerous photos etc.My Gross earnings will be 18850 (not take home pay ) I am self employed.Regarding a home to bring her to What is the criteria required.Also will my inland revenue tax number showing earnings and tax due as agreed by inland revenue be sufficient for April 2017_2018.
Could you please advise on these matters please so I Havnt missed anything.Thankyou Simon

Thank you for contacting me.

You will need to show that you have somewhere to live that is suitable for two people, and you will need to produce Accounts shouting your earnings.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I would like more precise answers please.What factors will satisfy regarding home.Have I got to have lived there some time? Or not at all.In other words somewhere we are in the process of renting and the landlord has agreed.? Any documentation regarding home address.?Re My accounts.My Accounts are satisfied every year by inland revenue through my self assessment and unique tax reference number.They agree what tax is due and I pay it.This can all be shown.Will this suffice ? I mentioned my new EU wife coming to live and work .When will she be eligible to work when she comes to UK.She already has a good profession.Could you let me know what document I need to apply showing our marriage ,home,pay etc.or do we have to contact home office directly when we are ready to show all the criteria.

Your spouse will only be able to work if she comes here on a spouse visa - so you should marry before she comes to the UK if you have not done so already.

Your self-assessment returns will indeed be evidence of your income.

So far as your home is concerned an identified property would suffice - as would staying with family members.

When you are ready your wife will need to apply for her Visa and supply all the paperwork detailed - the list is here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou Clare very good.Finally could you confirm the 18600 required income is before tax.Also I just noticed this is combined income.So is my Russians spouse income from her native country included in this.? I presume not.But could you confirm these two points please.I will have no hesitation in rating you 5 stars .Thankyou

Yes it is Gross income - and you can only rely on her income if she will continue to receive it after moving to the UK

Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you