How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 964
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I recently got ilr after 5yrs of refugee status, and want to

This answer was rated:

Hi, I recently got ilr after 5yrs of refugee status, and want to visit my mother beck home, she has cancer and asking to see me a last time. But I don't want any problem with HO, Can you advise how it should be done?. thank you.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London, luton
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't understand, I haven't done anything yet.
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: no


It is quite a difficult situation because you will be returning to the country of your persecution and you would have been required as part of your application for settlement to show that you cannot be expected to return to your home country. You should consider travelling to a neighbouring country instead.

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But heard that I can get a special permission from HO to do so?, so I can travel safely without any issue with HO.

I am unaware of this permission.