frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I just received my british certificate if naturalisation

Hi i just received my british certificate if naturalisation last week and I need to travel tomorrow to iceland and I dont have a british passport so i will need to use my philippine passport with shengan visa stamp on it,will that affect my travel if I am already a british citizen using my filipino passport plus can I come back in the UK using the certificate of naturalisation aking with my passport?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: glasgow UK
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i have not filed or report anything yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi there

A naturalisation certificate is not a travel document. You should obtain your British passport before you travel. The UK is not part of the Schengen scheme.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The holiday is already book last year and I thought my citizenship application wont come back until April,but it came back three months after, and the visa I have is only to travel to iceland for holiday as I need a shengan visa to go there but I am worried on how to get back to UK after that
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I still have my UK permanent card but I dont know if I can use that to travel back here as I am already a british citizen, plus I can travel with my philippine passport while waiting to get a british passport,but I dont know if that is possible

Your Permanent Card would now be invalid.

Why have you given a negative feedback?