frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I want to know about online application for

I want to know about online application for naturalization/citizenship. For identification and residence, online application asks for "national identity card" if you don't have passport, and in my case I don't have a passport. I traveled in UK using passports that were taken away by the agents at airport. Then I applied for the asylum which was granted straight away. I have ILR for 1 year now. I want to ask can I provide "national identity card" from my home country when i don't have a passport. I'm Pakistani national i.e., a non EEA national? And will it be accepted for my citizenship application?

You can provide either a travel document or your national ID.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have travel document, and national Id from my home country expired last year. Is it still acceptable for the purpose of naturalization? especially when I am non EEA national.

You need to have a valid ID or travel document to apply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Does that mean for refugees or people with refugee settlement it is allowed to apply for the national Id from the country of persecution. I had a valid Id when I applied for assylum but it expired now what do you suggest? Should I apply to get valid national Id first?

No, you should apply for a travel document.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oh I see is this acceptable for immigration that I get travel document first and then immediately apply for citizenship?

Yes it is acceptable.

If you have any follow up questions, I'm here to help and happy to respond. If you feel I have given you a 5-star service, please rate me 5 stars at the top of the page.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Having said that after citizenship I want to apply for british passport which is why I don't want to apply for travel document I hope u know what I mean. If I don't and provide them with expired Id with explanation that I cannot renew my Id, will my citizenship application be refused?