How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 964
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

A family member to EU. I sent my documents to the home

Customer Question

Hi, i am Daniel, a family member to EU. I sent my documents to the home office for settlement. I have reciept of acknowledgement that they have recieved my documents with a reference number. Unfortunately my employers by words of mouth has asked me not to come to work till ican prove to them my new status. I have emailed them my refence number from yhe home office and the acknowledgement letter to them but they wont still let me starting working. What should o do. I need advice pls help me.Regards
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a letter to them to start work ASAP as there is pressure on me now. I need to pay rent, bills and more. The whole thing is getting on me and i dont know what to do. I have been in the house for almost two weeks now. Are they going to pay me as your feedback to me was 90.5%.. am the bread winner and the whole thing is so streesing now. All i want now is to go back to work. Thanks.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

There is a link on the gov UK website where you can put your reference number and you would receive confirmation failing that you need to request a certificate of application from the home office

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow, is this all the help i can get? Where can i get the link? How?
Is the confirmation saying or failing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry i dont have another £44 pounds to spend
After paying £38 and had nothing.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

Wow you are complaining about paying £38 to receive immigration support when you were happy to spend £1464 for your application fee for settlement. The average fee to receive immigration advice in the UK is £160.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i understand that but am financially presdrd now thus why i opted for this. The were choices to be made in terms of the fees and i chose the one i can pay. So why the other fees. Pls i need help, help me if you can and i dont need you to remind me of all these fees. Or is also your way of collecting the £160 from ppl like us? IConsulted a few ppl but the fees thus why i chose this site for advice i need you not to preach me what i already know. Thank You.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago. if you have any specific question ? Any issues regarding fees has nothing to do with me. You need to speak to Justanswer direct.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

You negative rating is very unfair