How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 964
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am planning to marry fiancee in Feb2019. I reside in uk.

Customer Question

I am planning to marry fiancee in Feb2019.
I reside in uk. She resides in Oman and works as Flight attendent, her nationality is Phillipines. We see each other regularily in uk ( 3 or 4 times a month). Mainly in London where we have a flat. Also around Europe and in Muscat. I am an airline pilot so we have no problem at moment seeing each other.
She also has a UK visitor visa valid until Jul 19.
In Dec she will leave her job as a Flight attendent to come and live with me in
She plans also to get a study visa for a culinary course starting Apr 19.
My question is can we get married whilst she is here on the visitor visa? Or on the study visa?
Then with that marriage certificate will she be able to apply immediatly for right to live in uk as my spouse.
It doesnt seem logical to apply for a fiancee visa to get married if she already is here on a visitor visa.
Hope that all makes sense.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately, your partner cannot get married while in the UK on a visit visa. If she wishes to get married in the UK and remain in the UK, she must apply for a fiancee visa from her home country.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 months ago.

If you have any follow up questions, I am here to help and happy to respond. If you feel I have given you 5-star service, please rate me 5 -stars at the top of the page.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi , yes thanks. Applying for a fiance visa in phillipines is difficult as my fiancee is an expat in Oman at moment.
We do not want a gap where we are seperated by immigration red tape.
Would we be able to marry in a third country such as Greece and then apply for her to stay in Uk as my wife on the basis of her being my spouce?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 months ago.
If your partner is currently residing in Oman then she can apply from Oman