frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am planning to marry fiancee in Feb2019. I reside in uk.

Customer Question

I am planning to marry fiancee in Feb2019.
I reside in uk. She resides in Oman and works as Flight attendent, her nationality is Phillipines. We see each other regularily in uk ( 3 or 4 times a month). Mainly in London where we have a flat. Also around Europe and in Muscat. I am an airline pilot so we have no problem at moment seeing each other.
She also has a UK visitor visa valid until Jul 19.
In Dec she will leave her job as a Flight attendent to come and live with me in
uk.
She plans also to get a study visa for a culinary course starting Apr 19.
My question is can we get married whilst she is here on the visitor visa? Or on the study visa?
Then with that marriage certificate will she be able to apply immediatly for right to live in uk as my spouse.
It doesnt seem logical to apply for a fiancee visa to get married if she already is here on a visitor visa.
Hope that all makes sense.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately, your partner cannot get married while in the UK on a visit visa. If she wishes to get married in the UK and remain in the UK, she must apply for a fiancee visa from her home country.

If you have any follow up questions, I am here to help and happy to respond. If you feel I have given you 5-star service, please rate me 5 -stars at the top of the page.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi , yes thanks. Applying for a fiance visa in phillipines is difficult as my fiancee is an expat in Oman at moment.
We do not want a gap where we are seperated by immigration red tape.
Would we be able to marry in a third country such as Greece and then apply for her to stay in Uk as my wife on the basis of her being my spouce?
If your partner is currently residing in Oman then she can apply from Oman