frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am a South African citizen living illegally in the UK for

Customer Question

I am a South African citizen living illegally in the UK for the last 18 years. I arrived and was on a two year work Visa which expired. I am now unemployed and I’m looking to get status to remain in this country. I have had my South African passport renewed and is in my possession. My question is would I be allowed to travel outside of the UK to visit parents in South Africa and peace as secure in the knowledge that I will be able to return back to my home which is in London?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a partner who is Portuguese and we are appliances for a
Civil partnership
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer. I am reviewing it and will reply ASAP.

You would be allowed to leave the UK but you would not be allowed to enter. If your partner is an EEA national what you may want to do is apply as a family member of an EEA national only if your partner is currently working and your relationship has lasted at least 2 years.