How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 964
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am a South African citizen living illegally in the UK for

Customer Question

I am a South African citizen living illegally in the UK for the last 18 years. I arrived and was on a two year work Visa which expired. I am now unemployed and I’m looking to get status to remain in this country. I have had my South African passport renewed and is in my possession. My question is would I be allowed to travel outside of the UK to visit parents in South Africa and peace as secure in the knowledge that I will be able to return back to my home which is in London?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a partner who is Portuguese and we are appliances for a
Civil partnership
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer. I am reviewing it and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 months ago.

You would be allowed to leave the UK but you would not be allowed to enter. If your partner is an EEA national what you may want to do is apply as a family member of an EEA national only if your partner is currently working and your relationship has lasted at least 2 years.