frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am a Canadian living in the UK. I am renewing my Ancestry

Customer Question

Hello! I am a Canad***** *****ving in the UK. I am renewing my Ancestry visa and have a question about the finances section. I want to check how much of a percentage higher your monthly income (after taxes and deductions) needs to be than your rent.Thank you,Michelle
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer. I am reviewing it and will reply ASAP.

There isnt one as long as you can support and house yourself and your dependants

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay, my monthly income after taxes and deductions is not very much higher than the amount I pay in rent (I’m self employed and am able to write off a fair amount of my living expenses against my tax). After everything’s deducted, it’s only about £200 more than my rent. I never have a problem paying for everything but this seems like it would look pretty tight on paper. Is there a possibility this could be held against me?

With regard to the rules as long as you can support and house yourself and your dependants it shouldn't matter that you have a low disposable income.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay, is there a way that I need to prove that I can support myself or do they just take my word for it?

Evidence of your income and rent

If you have any follow up questions, I am here to help and happy to respond. If you feel I have given you 5-star service, please rate me 5 -stars at the top of the page.