frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I would like to apply for a 5-year UK visitor visa. My case

Good afternoon
I would like to apply for a 5-year UK visitor visa.
My case and reason would be to attend multiple conferences in the UK. Since last January, I have become an overseas associate member of the British association of dermatologists. So, I am a specialist physician from Iraq. I had two previous tier 4 UK visas of five years ago when I was studying MSc at KCL. I had a refusal in 2014 of a general visitor visa which was refused because the office was not satisfied with my claimed financial gains but with a right of appeal that I didn't do.Would my case be reasonable for this type of visa?
In fact, if in get such visa, my arms will be released to truly attend such events.Special thanks.Hozan

There is no reason why you shouldnt be able to apply for a visit visa if you meet the criteria. One of the key requirements is to prove that you have strong ties in your home country and what that means for example is that you have a job to go back to and family commitments. Visit visa now are not appealable and I am not sure what you mean by "claimed financial gains"

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The problem is two points:1. I work for two clinics, non pay my salaries into bank accounts. And, as I am sure you know, cash is not a proof of fund. So, we manually deposit such earnings into accounts. In my previous refusal, the officer wrote that this doesn't reflect your income.2. I have seen few days ago a refusal of a friend of mine who was on an official government delegate to the UK with all supporting documents are signed by the minister of health and foreign affairs with expenses on them. The officer clearly mistook in the refusal because he wrote in his refusal explanation ( as a citizen of Jordan) while my friend is from Iraq. But no right to appeal has made officers to be free in rejecting applications sometimes, as I assume, deliberately.

Yes but the point is that you are employed and your employer can confirm this.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My last message. You wrote that there is no reason...if you meet the criteria.
I assume that my main point is not answered yet. Apart from required documents for such type/length of visa, and as an expert in this field; would my given reason ( attending multiple meetings/events of this association/society is an acceptable reason to convince the immigration officer that I need frequent UK visits and hence why I applied to such length?Thanks

So the Home Office is not interested in the nature of your visits to the UK. What the Home Office is interested in is whether you would return to your home country.