How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 964
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

How can I apply for right of abode for my children in

This answer was rated:

how can I apply for right of abode for my children in Nigeria
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Am a British
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No pls
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also how I can apply for spouse indefinite stay for my wife who's a Nigerian?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.


Are you British from birth? If not what date did you acquire British citizenship. What are the dob of your children?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
British by descent (mum) acquired it in 2012
first son 13.10.2006
2nd son 25.05.2008
3rd son 23.01.2010
4th son 14.04.2013

Were you born abroad?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No please born in Nigeria

You may be able to make an application to register your children as British but any application can only be decide on discretionary grounds.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Meaning I can go ahead to apply for the right of abode or register them first?

Before you embark on an expensive application you must seek full legal advice.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry for my late response since yesterday, I really do appreciate your counsel and lastly I would definitely seek legal advice before submitting my application. I will contact you or visit your office on this matter.
Kindest Regards.

I would be grateful for a 5 star rating at the top right hand corner.

frantzgregory and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you