Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My ex-husband is threatening to have me removed from the UK.

My ex-husband is threatening to have me removed from the UK. I am a legal entrant, working for the NHS with leave to remain (BRP) granted under Tier 2 General visa. I have not committed any crimes or offences in the UK nor in my home country. I have visited my home country once in the last year since entering the UK and re-entered the UK without any problems.I would like to know if this is something I should worry at all about. If there is a loophole at all that will definitely get me removed from the UK.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He is not currently in the UK. He is in the Philippines and we have been separated for a year and a couple of months. He has since received a divorce petition from me and based on that has decided that he will get me deported.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

No provided you are the main applicant under your Tier 2 visa and are not the dependent of your husband then you will likely be fine.

If you were only the dependent of your husband and he held a Tier 2 visa then you would be in difficulty.

Assuming that you observe the eligibility terms of your tier 2 visa and do not commit any crime in the UK then he cannot have you removed unilaterally. Your visa has been granted independent of your husband and his status and so you are entitled to remain here on your visas regardless of your husband and whether or not you are married to him.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He has also informed me that he will be speaking to someone who works in immigration - sorry, it does sound quite petty now that I am typing it down - who will find a way to make it happen. I am just worried as it seems quite desperate of him. I am the main applicant for my visa and I am observing the restrictions/conditions of my leave to remain. I have also read the grounds for deportation/removal and couldn't find a reason at all.My question is, has removal or deportation ever happened unjustly or on very unusual circumstances?

I appreciate your nervous but your most recent question in your reply is too general, because - of course - occasionally people suffer miscarriages of justice but they are very rare

People are not deported for no reason. Provided you are observing the terms of your visa and have not committed any crime then you will be fine.

Tom

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Thomas.

You're welcome.