frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I had intended on getting married to my girlfriend who is in

Customer Question

I had intended on getting married to my girlfriend who is in Brazil, so she could come over with a visa and properly legalised (I’m Portuguese).
However I have had a traumatic event 2 weeks ago where my ex partner tried to murder me in my sleep. This is all being investigated at the moment by the police and he is in remand waiting trial.
Due to this my girlfriend does not want to wait and to be honest, I do need her here emotionally as I’m now struggling with PTS. Is it safe for her to come over and what should I write on the invitation/sponsor letter
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 2 months ago.

why would it be unsafe for your girlfriend to come over? On what basis are you expecting her to come over?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Because she is Brasilian and there is always a chance that she might not be allowed in
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am unable to call atm

you should write the invitation letter as normal

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can you advise on what to write on the letter please

Just a standard invitation letter confirming you will be providing accommodation and financial support and how long the invite is for.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I not mention our relationship?

My comments where suggestions

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Assuming all goes well and she is allowed in on a visitors visa. Would we be able to get married while she is here or would she have to leave to get a visa and then return

You cannot get married while on a visit visa