How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 964
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Dears,, I was born in 30 Oct 1978 at Brighton, UK, since my

Customer Question

Dears,I am SEDDIKIOUI Lahbib, I was born in 30 Oct 1978 at Brighton, UK, since my father was there in an official mission for almost 2 years.
Few months after my birth we returned back to my native country Algeria where I am still living until now.Since I was born before 1 Jan 1983, normally I should got the right for a British nationality, for that I recently started the process of getting the UK passport by sending an OS application to HM Passport Office including the necessary supporting documents (British birth certificate, algerian civil states docs, mien and my mother Algerian passport and the passport of my late father).They replied to me that to continue the process of my application It's mandatory to provide the passport of my parents valid from Feb 1978, but unfortunately I don't have it and there is no way to have it.Is there any way to get the British passport without providing the passport of my parents valid from Feb 1978? if its yes, how can I formulate my answer to HM Passport office
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dear *****,
Thanks for your initial feedback.
Yes please to resume your search for the appropriate professional. I will continue to wait for your anwer. I hope to get it soon.
Best regards.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for posting your question on JustAnswer. I am reviewing it and will reply ASAP

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 6 months ago.

You are considered a British citizen if you were born in the UK before 01/01/1983. You need to explain the reason you do not have your father's passport. If your father was in the UK on an official mission, have you explored the possibility of obtaining a copy of his passport from those who sponsored his official mission?

The alternative is to apply for Judicial Review through the court if you are refused a UK passport.