frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Does this cost anything Assistant: What steps have been

Customer Question

Does this cost anything
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: No
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, is there a cost for this information
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost £5 fully-refundable payment for a trial membership. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Customer: My daughter (uk citizen) and her fiancé (Ecuadorian) currently are studying in Australia and plan to return to both live, work and marry in Scotland May 2020. There are so many different visas, I was looking at which would be best to apply for and when the application would be submitted and the cost
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is it better to apply for a visa to marry and a years visa, or to apply for ILR at the start.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for posting your question on JustAnswer. I am reviewing it and will reply ASAP

Your daughter's partner will need to apply for a family based visa either as a spouse if the get married in Australia or as an unmarried partner or as a fiancee. Your daughter will need to return first to the UK to find a job with an income of £18600 to be able to sponsor her partner to join her.