How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12185
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I wanted to ask a question about a friend of mine, he is

This answer was rated:

Hi there, I wanted to ask a question about a friend of mine, he is from eygpt and he married an english woman in 2010, they moved here and he is on a spouse's visa and he works and everything, well last night his wife doesn't want him anymore and wants him to go home and he is devastated as he has a life here, he has just been offered a job with bt as a trainee engineer, is there anything that can be done so he can stay? Many thanks michelle
Hi Michelle,How long has he been in the UK?Does he have a Spouse Visa? If so, when does it expire?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He has lived here for 8 years on a spouse visa but he did have trouble with that as his wife and daughter assaulted him and she wanted him gone but they got back to gather and he didn't press charges and they said he has to stay here for 10 years with her
Does that mean that he is still on a Spouse Visa and not obtained ILR?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
he is still on a spouse's visa

Hi Michelle,

Is the daughter his? If not, unfortunately, unless he is able to switch to another category of visa, it is unlikely he will be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain and as such will have to return to his home country.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it's not his child but thank you for your help
It's a pleasure.I would be grateful if you could kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.Many thanks
chatham-chamber and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you