How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 967
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Goo Day! I arrived in UK last September 16 and intended to

This answer was rated:

Goo Day! I arrived in UK last September 16 and intended to leave on Sept 21. In the immigration arrival card, i have put the the said dates. Due to certain circumstances i have to extend my stay until Oct 2. Im having a multiple entry tourist visa valid for 5 years.My question is, do i need to update the arrival card initially i filled up due to the change of departing from UK or do i need to inform the UK home office of my intention to extend? Or i can just ignore it since i have a 6 months maximum stay.
If I need to inform, how can i do that and at where should i inform.Appreciate your response

Please do not ignore. You should write a letter to the Home Office explaining why you need to extend but make it clear you are not extending beyond 6 months. Provide supporting evidence of why the change of date, a copy of your visa and when you plan to leave.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you assist me by providing at which department shall i address the letter in the home office?

Home Office




Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Instead of writing a letter, is it possible to email? Do i need to wait for the response or i can proceed to extend my stay?

There is no email. I have informed what you need to do.

You will not receive a response but keep a copy of your letter and receipt of postage.

If you have any follow up questions, I am here to help and happy to respond. If you feel I have given you a 5-star service, please rate me 5-star at the top of the page.

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you