How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 47
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

How to change from Tier 5 GAE Visa to Unmarried Partner

This answer was rated:

How to change from Tier 5 GAE Visa to Unmarried Partner Visa? Is this feasible? I have lived with my British boyfriend for 15 months and am planning to apply for the Unmarried Partner Visa after my internship is finished.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Hi Nicola, It’s fine no rush! Take your time. Thanks!
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,

Thank you for approaching us to assist with your query, I am a lawyer and I am currently looking into your query and will provide you with a response shortly.

Yes, it is possible for you to switch to an unmarried spouse visa. However, in order to do this, you must have been living together for at least two years in a relationship akin to a marriage or civil partnership prior to submitting your application. You must also have evidence of this. You are also required to submit your application prior to the expiration of your current Tier 5 visa.

I do hope that I have answered your concern. You are however free to contact me with any additional queries or concerns.

If you are happy with my assistance, I would appreciate you giving me your 5-star rating! Thanks again!

Good day again, I just wanted to clarify further for you with respect to the evidence that would be needed in order to make a successful application. This may be in the form of pictures, lease agreement with both your names as well as joint bank accounts.

Again, I do hope I have answered your concern. Should you require any further assistance feel free to contact me. I ask kindly that you do give me your feedback in the form of you customer rating! Thanks again.

ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 47
Experience: Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
ReadyLaw and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Hi Sherrine, thank you very much for the information!