ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I know a person that is having a problem with the uk citizen

hi i know a person that is having a problem with the uk citizen since shes from cambodia.
Assistant: What steps has she taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does she live in? If different, what is her citizenship?
Customer: she from cambodia and got the uk citizeb
Assistant: Has she talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: she got married with a man who has the uk citizen, but they got divorced eventually. During the process of the divorce filling up the papers. She did put wrong dates on it, but the the divorce happened even with this mistake. The husband noticed this mistake that she messed with the dates on the divorce papers. And now hes blackmailing her with this, if she doesnt come to him, he said will report this situation in order to deport her and take the daughter from her as well so this is da case
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: basically this is a blackmail situation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This person that i know is from Cambodia. She got married with an Uk citizen. They went to Uk to live and eventually she got the Uk passport.
Later on, they got divorced because her husband was cheating, this was the reason of divorce. During the divorce process she filled up all the divorce papers with wrong dates, because she fought these dates were correct ( date of marriage she swapped with another date).
Meanwhile, when the divorce got concluded , she moved to another house, she was already divorced (even with the wrong dates on the divorce papers).
After that, her ex-husband wanted her back again, but she did not want anything more with him again. He was trying to get a away to take her back and he found this opportunity when he noticed that she messed up with the dates of marriage on the divorce papers. With this he started to blackmail her, that if she did not come back to him again, he would report this mistake about the divorce papers in order to take her uk citizenship (uk passport) deporting her to Cambodia and at the same time he would take the daughter from her, saying the she would not see the child again.
Before this situation, she had to get back to him like a slave, because shes afraid that he can do that, if she doesnt do what he wants.
Hes always monitoring her mobile to see with who shes talking and what shes doing during the day, and she cant do anything about it.
By the way, he already tried to suicide with tablets and he already went to a psychiatrist consults.
She said that already consulted lawyers, they said that cant do anything about the situation, theres no solutions she needs to handlet it,
She wanted to go to court because of this situation, but shes afraid to lose the case against him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
afraid the he can do something bad to her or to their daughter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is: Can she lose the Uk citizenship because of her mistake with divorce papers?? If yes, what can she do before this situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola.
I still want the answer
Ill be waiting for your answer.
Let me know when you have more information, please.
I hope to hear something from you anytime soon.
Ill be waiting.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your enquiry, it has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Her right to citizenship would be likely affected , if the husband was to say ( with supporting evidence) that the purpose of her marriage was fraudulent. That is, that they only got married for the purposes of her obtaining her UK citizenship. Furthermore, as she has a child who is a British citizen, it is likely that if she were required to do so, she could apply to remain in the UK on that basis ( that however is not relevant for her purposes as she currently has her British citizenship)

I would therefore not worry about the husband and report any threats or blackmail to the police.

Alternatively, she could seek the services of voluntary or organizations across the UK that assist women such as herself who may be in abusive relationships. It is best to report this now so that it is on record that he has been threatening and abusing her for sometime.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Their child was not born here, so would she lose the uk citizenship?
Their child grew here in uk but was not born in uk.

Are the children currently UK citizens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If im not mistaken she already is a citizen. She came here when she was a baby. Now shes 8 years and goes to school

No the children would not be affected. In any event, their citizenship is likely based on the father's citizenship and not contingent on mothers. As such, it is unlikely that anything that affects the mother, would affect the children.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, just to confirm. So, if the child is already a ukcitizenship despite se was born in another country, her mother with the uk citizenship cant be deported even if the husband reports this mistake with the divorce papers, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill give you an excellent rate for you to earn your fees. You were a great help. Can you just answer my last question, just to confirm, please.
I apologize for my delayed response. I did not realize that you had aske a further question. Application to remain in the UK is always based on an application to the Home Office. However, as the children are British citizens there is a currently a process by which she may apply to remain in the UK as a parent of a British child. This route is applicable when the relationship between parents have broken down, there are British children residing in the UK and it is believed among other things that it is in the children’s best interest for the mother / non settled parent to be granted leave to remain in the UK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the mother already has the uk citizenship, she does need to apply the process to remain in uk?
No. She won’t. I only mentioned it as a reassurance for her should in case her husband were to threaten her again
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Bar Professional Training Course
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the name of the application that she needs to ask at the home office in order to apply for that matter?
Ill tell her all these steps. Sorry the many questions im doing. I need to know what im doing when i talk with her. I dont want to do any mistakes, since ill give her the instructions.

Thank you for your feedback.

I apologize for my delayed response. I did not realize your further question. Please see below link in relation to that application:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/parent

RL

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you!!!