ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I have a female friend currently living in South Africa age

I have a female friend currently living in South Africa age 75.She has a valid UK passport.She wants to come to UK She is single and her ex husband lives in UK.She has visited UK from time to time but has not been resident since about 1963. My question is can she become resident if not what must she do to take up residency?
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: No
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Good day,

Thank you for your enquiry. It has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Kindly clarify whether by saying she has a valid UK passport, you are saying she is a UK citizen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no She is not a UK citizen Born in Rhodesia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will await phone call.Guy Warner

Thanks for your feedback. it is appreciated

As was discussed with my colleague, you are free to return and ask additional information regarding this query if you would like any additional information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find your answer. Confirm Mrs Gloria Beech passport confirms She is a British Citizen

Thanks for getting back. I hadn't responded here as I had spoken with my colleague who did confirm you had spoken via telephone. As she has her British citizen, she will be able to return to the UK and reside with no impediments.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. Reply received and understood
You are welcome. Feel free to ask any further questions regarding this issue if you still need clarification