How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IA Solicitors Your Own Question
IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1833
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
IA Solicitors is online now

I'm a British citizen living with my Canadian wife in the

This answer was rated:

Hi Pearl, I'm a British citizen living with my Canadian wife in the Republic of Ireland. I have just been offered a job in northern ireland. How do I apply for her residence? Can she apply from inside the UK?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No paperwork yet with the UK. I am both Irish and British as I was born in northern ireland
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just that

where is she now? and what is her status there?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She is currently living Republic of Ireland ans she has a resident permit status for Republic of Ireland. The permit is good from April 2019 to April 2022.


She can apply pre settled status from inside UK under Surinder Singh route.

I hope it will help you.

If you are happy then give positive rating.

As long as she has EEA residence permit she can come to UK and apply inside UK. But if she has Irish citizen spouse visa then she need visa before coming to UK.

IA Solicitors and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok, i need to check which type she has. she qualified as my spouse so maybe it is the Irish citizen spouse visa
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you