How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IA Solicitors Your Own Question
IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1833
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
IA Solicitors is online now

I moved here two years ago to live with partner, got

This answer was rated:

Hi, I moved here two years ago to live with partner, got registered at his adress. Two months ago we separated, and he told me I need to stay full 5 years in his house to be able stay in uk. I am latvian citizen and resident of uk . Is that true , please help me with this matters, thank you
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am from Latvia, latvian citizen, at the moment living in UK. Have blue uk resident card
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

i am reviewing your question.

will be back shortly.


i can help you for your concerns.

As you have explained that you have residence card to live in UK.

you need to live 5 years in UK to have settled status in UK but you can change your address in UK.

you can live anywhere in UK where you want.

you do not need to live in the same house for 5 years to have settled status in UK.

i hope it will help you.

please give 5 star rating as feedback for my efforts to answer your question

IA Solicitors and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you