How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7129
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I'm from India and I've got an internship in one of the

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I'm from India and I've got an internship in one of the companies under London Fashion week but the company can't sponsor my tier 5 visa. I was looking forward for companies who could issue a COS or if there's any other way. Thanks!
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I haven't filed any paperwork
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 5 visa?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My internship is unpaid and it was difficult for me to search for any tier 5 sponsor.


How long will your internship last and will you be paid? As part of your internship, what exactly will you be doing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My internship is for 2 months starting 1st July but can be made flexible depending on the visa process. It's not a paid internship. I'll be working under Fashion week internship.

Thank you.

You may consider applying for a standard visitor visa as training is permitted under this visa and no sponsorship is required. Instead of calling it an internship, you should call it a training.

UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you