UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am currently in the process to get my ILR I am a Moroccan

hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am currently in the process to get my ILR I am a Moroccan national and therefore required to register within 7 days of arrival to the nearest police station and update the registration each time I move my adress
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I did all of it , but since I moved from Watford to hemel hempstead 2 years ago
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: I failed to update the document because Hemel hempstead station said they dont register foreign nationals
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: but they failed to mention that I have to do it regardless and can go to Hatfield I want to know if this will cause me an immigration issue please

Hello, it may be an issue as this is what the government guidance states: If you do not register, your permission to stay might be shortened and you’ll have to leave the UK. You can also be stopped from getting or extending a UK visa in future.

I would advise you to get registered before you make your ILR application and hope that they do not raise this as an issue and they exercise their discretion in your favour.

All the best.

Please leave a positive rating